PCAB Seal of *Accreditation
Pine Pharmacy is proud that our Buffalo location is one of the first pharmacies in the nation to earn the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board’s (PCAB) Seal of Accreditation – a new system of standards created by some of the leading organizations in pharmacy.
While all compounding pharmacies are not required to meet the requirements set by their respective state boards of pharmacy, “PCAB Accredited” denotes a more stringent and comprehensive standard which serves as an assurance that our compounding pharmacy has been tested against the profession’s most rigorous standards.
PCAB Accreditation requires that a pharmacy:
- Agree to the PCAB rules and terms of accreditation.
- Abide by the PCAB Principles of Compounding.
- Meet or exceed all PCAB quality standards.
- Pass an extensive on-site inspection.
- Use only high quality chemicals and equipment.
- Ensure that compounding pharmacists and technicians receive continuing education and training in compounding.
- Employ a system of continuous quality improvement.
Only when this stringent evaluation was completed and we were judged to have met all criteria, did the PCAB officially grant us the PCAB Seal of Accreditation.
What does this mean to you? You benefit from our commitment to providing safe, personalized solutions that meet the medical needs of our patients – and the needs of the health care providers in our community.